After completing the Leaders-In-Training program, teen leaders can sign up for Counselors-In-Training (CIT). This dual training can be completed in one season or over multiple seasons. Counselors-In-Training are supervised by the head counselor and partnered with a counselor mentor, but Counselors-In-Training are never responsible for supervising campers on their own.
Counselors-In-Training put their leadership skills into practice by:
- Leading games and activities with the kids.
- Helping with daily setup and clean up of camp.
- Learning about the role and responsibilities of a camp counselor by shadowing a camp counselor.
- Completing daily leadership workshops to focus on their development and ensure they have the support and tools needed to be successful.
In addition to hands-on leadership experiences, Counselors-In-Training will:
- Increase their sailing skills.
- Study motorboat safety.
- Attempt to pass their TWRA Boater’s Safety test.
Counselors-In-Training is available:
Old Hickory Lake:
- June 3-7, 2019
- June 10-14, 2019
- June 17-21, 2019
- June 24-28, 2019
Each session is Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm
Extended care is available from 7:45am-5:15 pm for an additional $50/week fee
Participation is limited to 2 Counselors-In-Training each week. Counselors-In-Training candidates must have completed at least one session of Leaders-In-Training.
Program cost is $100 and includes the fee for the TWRA Boater’s test.