After completing the Leaders-In-Training program, Teen Leaders can apply for Counselors-In-Training (CIT) program. This dual training can be completed in one season or over multiple seasons. Counselors-In-Training are supervised by the head counselor and partnered with a counselor mentor, but Counselors-In-Training are never responsible for supervising campers on their own.
Counselors-In-Training put their leadership skills into practice by:
- Leading games and activities with the kids.
- Helping with daily setup and clean up of camp.
- Learning about the role and responsibilities of a camp counselor by shadowing a camp counselor.
- Completing daily leadership workshops to focus on their development and ensure they have the support and tools needed to be successful.
In addition to hands-on leadership experiences, Counselors-In-Training will:
- Increase their sailing skills.
- Study motorboat safety.
- Attempt to pass their TWRA Boater’s Safety test.
Counselors-In-Training is offered every week of the season:
Harbor Island Yacht Club @ Old Hickory Lake in June and
Hamilton Creek Marina @ Percy Priest Lake in July
Contact the main office or Camp Director for application and registration information. Info@leadershipacademyllc.com or 615-856-4772
Each session is Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm
Extended care is available from 7:45am-5:15 pm for an additional $50/week fee
Participation is limited to 3 Counselors-In-Training each week. Counselors-In-Training candidates must have completed at least one session of Sail Camp and one session of Leaders-In-Training.